Coffee, chocolate + coconut... what's not to love? Seriously delicious and creamy; a lighter, tropical twist on the Italian classic.
Incredibly good and a cinch to make, this no-bake, super-quick summer dessert will have you swooning, then spooning another serve. Only seven ingredients, straight from your pantry, it's one to add to the top of your list for your late summer soirees.
Stay safe, share the love,
- 2 x 400ml cans Ayam brand coconut cream, refrigerated unopened for 6 hours or overnight (*note: coconut milk won't work for this one)
- Organic vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 cups freshly brewed espresso coffee
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur (Kahlua, Tia Maria or VOK)
- 2 x 200g packs Savioardi Biscuits
- Unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
- Refrigerate the unopened tins of coconut cream, overnight - or for at least 6 hours. Open the tins carefully, keeping upright and spoon out the solid cream from the top half and transfer to mixing bowl. Retain the remaining coconut water and semi-solid cream and strain to separate. Add the remaining solids from the strainer to the mixing bowl. Discard the coconut water or set aside for smoothies - you won't need it for the tiramisu.
- Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks begin to form, then add the vanilla and icing sugar in the final stages.
- Brew the espresso and combine with the coffee liqueur in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip and roll the savioardi biscuits - just for a moment - one at a time, in the coffee liqueur brew and arrange them in rows, lining the base of a square or rectangular glass serving dish.
5. Dollop generous spoonfuls of the coconut cream mixture and spread thickly over the first layer of soaked biscuits.
6. Repeat the next layer, using the remaining biscuits and coffee.
7. Finish the second layer by spreading the remaining coconut cream mixture evenly. Rustic is good - it need not be smooth.
8. Dust the top liberally with the cocoa powder, using a dry metal sieve.
8. Refrigerate 1-2 hours to allow flavours to develop. Serve chilled, just like you.
Mocha tones with our Oahu Beach & Picnic Towel
Victoria Gregory is the Co-Founder and Creative Director of Cabana Lifestyle, a boutique coastal lifestyle brand and creators of Australia's original waterproof totes. @cabanalifestyle #cabanabag